In this very practical, hands-on, interactive course, learn to write website content in plain talk to help your visitors get the information they need, quickly. Learn to think about your website as a place for a conversation with a busy person who is trying to find information or complete a task. If your job includes writing for your agency website, intranet, or digital properties, this course is for you!
What you'll learn
You will practice focusing your content on your site visitors' needs, organizing content so it is easy to skim and scan, and putting the key message first. We’ll teach you to:
- Set the context for using the web, planning website pages
- Focus on your site visitors' needs
- Break up and organize content
- Tune up your links and sentences
- Use lists, tables, and graphics
- Write for digital accessibility
- Write content in a conversational way
Who can attend?
- Washington state agencies, city, county, and other public entity employees, including members of non-profits
- Oregon state agency employees
- Idaho state agency employees
How to register
This workshop is offered through the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services (DES). Visit the DES website for registering. Please contact the Learning Solutions Team with any registration questions at email@example.com.
Follow us on social media for updates about our workshops and webinars
“Thinking about design in new ways as a group yielded several ideas applicable to our website redesign.”
“A nice balance of lecture vs. discussion/activities, which made it work for different learning styles.”
“I believe I will be thinking about this class for months. The instructors were amazing, the exercises and samples really helped set the process into motion.”