Our interactive User Experience Intensive is being offered online. This is an opportunity for learners who can’t usually attend in person to gain new skills or refresh old ones.
At the end of this 4-day course you will:
- Understand what user-centered design is and how it fits into the development process
- Learn about each step in the user-centered design process
- Practice several user-research techniques, including interviewing and customer
- Understand the importance of personas and tips for creating them
- Learn more about usable information architectures and how to use card-sorting and tree-test studies to make sure they are user-centric.
- Learn about planning and conducting usability studies and data analysis
- Gain a deeper understanding of design and prototyping activities by practicing and
trying out design techniques.
- Gain familiarity with key tools of the trade including card-sorting tools, Crazy Egg, TreeJack, style tiles, prototyping tools, mobile design and testing tools.
Get ready to learn through:
- Online collaboration tools
- Relevant examples
- Hands-on exercises
- Group discussion
- Specific guidelines and techniques
- Question and answer sessions
Who can attend?
This course is open to all state agencies, city, county, and other public entity employees, including members of non-profits.
The overview of user experience and user-centered design is great for staff involved with the design and development of websites, web applications, and software systems, although all are welcome.
How to register
Washington State Public Sector Agencies & Higher Education
If you aren’t part of the Washington State Learning Management System, use this online form to submit your training registration request. If you’re unsure of your organization’s status, contact your training representative or call (360) 664-1921.
Washington State Agencies
Please contact your agency training representative to register. To find your agency training representative, call (360) 664-1921 or email DES.
Employees who are allowed to self-register for training may use the state Learning Management System.
Washington State Nonprofit 501(c)(3), Tribal Entities, and other types of Attendees
You can also attend the Department of Enterprise Services training if you are an employee of Washington State Cities, Counties, Tribal Entities, School Districts, Governmental Subdivisions; Federal Government organizations, and Nonprofits that are 501 C(3) compliant.
Members of these organizations can register to attend through the training registration form.
Not a Washington State or public agency employee?
Don’t worry, we offer customized User Experience 4-day Intensive training for interested organizations. These sessions leverage examples from your website, creating a seamless connection between the lessons we teach and the content on your site. Please contact us for details about this customized training option.
Please contact Stephanie Scott at (360) 584-9151 or email@example.com with any questions about the course.