We are excited to announce that Anthro-Tech is a 2022 Anthem Awards Winner!
Our website redesign project in partnership with WaTech for the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)won an Award for Responsible Technology. The winners in this category provided “a service that addresses a specific issue, provides a solution or boosts awareness, engagement or raises money for a Responsible Technology cause.”
The Anthem Awards celebrate “purpose and mission-driven work from people, companies and organizations worldwide.” It was launched in response to the prevalence social good has taken within the national conversation recently. By amplifying the voices that spark global change, the Anthem Awards are defining a new benchmark for impactful work that inspires others to take action in their communities.
Winning Project: WSDOT Website Redesign
We partnered with WSDOT to redesign their website with improved user-centered information architecture, content strategy, and accessible responsive design. We used a Human-Centered Design strategy of discovery and research, design and development, evaluation and iteration, and finally, launching the website.
We Worked with WSDOT To:
- Identify their primary users
- Research what their audience needs to accomplish when they visit the WSDOT website
- Ensure primary users can successfully find and understand information
- Make the website accessible on any device
- Decrease the overwhelming amount of content and pages to reduce confusion from outdated information
- Create a governance structure with associated training to better position the content editors to work together to create and maintain content based on user personas and data
The result is a complete overhaul of the design of the site, a reduction of content from 14,000 pages to less than 2,000, and clear content layout. The new digital product is useful, usable, and accessible on any device, and users can find the important travel information they need quickly and efficiently without frustration.