Daniel Le Compte, User Experience Researcher at Anthro-Tech recently presented at an Alumni Information Session for The Human-Computer Interaction Institute, a department within the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
As an alumnus, Daniel’s presentation titled, “Government, Consulting, Social Impact, oh my!” gave students a glimpse into the life of a UX Researcher consulting in the Human-Centered Design (HCD) industry. The transition from student into a UX career can take on many different paths. Daniel enjoys giving back and talking about his experience with students to show them some real-life examples of how to take their degree and put it into action.
In this Information Session, Daniel discussed:
- His role at Anthro-Tech as a UX Researcher
- Anthro-Tech’s mission, values, service offerings, and client mix
- Examples of how his UX Research has transformed the customers’ experience for various clients
- How a UX Consulting Team is organized and how they interact with each client
- A deep dive into what it’s like to work with government clients
- The social impact aspect of working in the HCD industry
Our team of expert UX Researchers, UX Designers, Content Strategists, and Accessibility Specialists are available for conducting presentations on HCD to your class or at your event.