Anthro-Tech is the proud winner of six 2022 Communicator Awards for our website redesign work with the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT). Our work received:
Two Communicator Awards of Excellence
- Website Redesign
- Transportation Website
Four Communicator Awards of Distinction
- State Website for Government
- Maps/General Navigation for Mobile Apps
- Travel for Mobile Apps
- Website Application Services
With over 4,000 entries received from across the U.S. and around the world, the Communicator Awards is the largest and most competitive awards program honoring creative excellence for communications professionals. It is widely recognized as one of the largest and most coveted awards of its kind in the world.
Winners who received the competition’s highest honor, the Award of Excellence, include Forbes, The Walt Disney Company Europe & Africa, Mattel, State Farm, Philips, T-Mobile, Yes& Agency, Pepsico, Groove Jones and many more.
Winning Project: WSDOT Website Redesign
We partnered with WSDOT to redesign their website with improved user-centered information architecture, content strategy, and accessible responsive design. We used a Human-Centered Design strategy of discovery and research, design and development, evaluation and iteration, and finally, launching the website.
We Worked with WSDOT To:
- Identify their primary users
- Identify what their audience needs to accomplish when they visit the WSDOT website
- Ensure primary users are able to successfully find and understand information
- Make the website accessible on any device
- Decrease the overwhelming amounts of content and pages to reduce confusion from old, outdated information
- Create a governance structure with associated training to better position the content editors to work together to create and maintain content based on user personas and data
The result is a complete overhaul of the design of the site, a reduction of content from 14,000 pages to less than 2,000, and clear content layout.
The new digital product is useful, usable, and accessible on any device, and users can find the important travel information they need quickly and efficiently without frustration.