As a Human-Centered Design (HCD) consultancy that focuses on creating usable and accessible products and services, we are honored to be named the winner of two Vega Awards for best website and mobile sites! Our website redesign project in partnership with WaTech for the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) won two Vega Awards for Best Website & Mobile Sites for Government and Transportation, respectively.
About the Vega Awards
The Vega Awards recognize and honor the outstanding performance, talent, and effort of the best digital and creative professionals, web developers, web designers, and web agencies around the world. This year with the theme of “Transcending Boundaries,” over 1,500 submissions were entered into the competition from 24 countries with awards recognizing and celebrating excellence in Websites, Video, Mobile, Social, Animation, Marketing, and Podcasts.
Winning Project: WSDOT Website Design
We partnered with WSDOT to redesign their website with improved human-centered information architecture, content strategy, and accessible responsive design. We used a Human-Centered Design strategy of discovery and research, design and development, evaluation and iteration, and finally, launching the website.
We worked with WSDOT to:
- Identify their primary users
- Research what their customer needs to accomplish when they visit the WSDOT website
- Ensure customers can successfully find and understand information
- Make the website accessible on any device
- Decrease the overwhelming amount of content and pages to reduce confusion from outdated information
- Create a governance structure with associated training to better position the content editors to work together to create and maintain content based on customer personas and data
The result is a complete overhaul of the design of the site, a reduction of content from 14,000 pages to less than 2,000, and clear content layout.
The new digital product is useful, usable, and accessible on any device, and customers can find the important travel information they need quickly and efficiently without frustration.
Making impactful change together
We are proud be a part of this important social impact project with our client. We thank the Vega Awards for recognizing the collaborative work put in by the WSDOT, Anthro-Tech, and WaTech team and all the WSDOT customers who were part of the design process.
Read more about who we've helped. Take a look at some of our work and clients.