UX Project Manager
Location: Seattle/Olympia, WA
About this position
Anthro-Tech is looking for a UX Project Manager to help organize projects, facilitate client conversations, and support the work of our team. As a UX Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing a variety of projects through the user-centered-design lifecycle. You will meet with clients to understand new opportunities, establish and communicate detailed timing and deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously, and schedule/facilitate project meetings. In order to be successful, you will need a blend of creative and analytical skills that allow for effective collaboration with researchers, designers, and client teams.
You will often be the face of the User Experience (UX) team, listening to clients explain their needs and vision while beginning to shape a plan for UX support. Within the team, you should be enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented and able to find the way around roadblocks. You will help identify opportunities to introduce process improvements, reshaping the way we approach client engagements.
This is a consulting position, so you need to enjoy rolling up your sleeves and helping multiple client organizations tackle challenging large-scale projects efficiently, leaving them with the skills they need to maintain the improvements we achieve together.
Our ideal candidate:
- Excellent communicator who can think on your feet and generate positive change.
- Team-oriented collaborator and an excellent listener.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, initiative, and accountability.
- A talent for understanding the big picture while managing project details.
- Ability to manage and execute projects in many different stages and levels of ambiguity.
- Understanding of both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Experience with the User-Centered Design process and UX research methods.
- Strong time-management skills balancing competing priorities and multiple projects.
- Understand client needs and organize UX team.
- Facilitate client meetings to discover new project needs and translate those needs into a UX plan.
- Act as the liaison between Anthro-Tech team members and clients
- Help build connections across projects, mitigate risks and roadblocks, and communicate roles and responsibilities throughout the project workflow.
- Support consulting activities as needed including research, design, and content strategy efforts.
- Report project status to UX Practice Manager for project health updates and resourcing needs.
- Goal of 75% billable time
- Travel regionally as needed for client meetings
- 3+ years of experience in a project management or client services role on either a User Experience team and/or a UX design-focused agency
- Certifications in project management
- 4-year college degree
- Experience working with government and nonprofits on multi-year and short term projects of varying scope
- Experience with managing projects against client contracts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel are required)
Scheduling & travel
This is a full-time position. Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week. You’ll regularly work on-site with clients, primarily in Seattle and Olympia. Physical presence in the office is required (occasional off-site work is negotiable). Occasional national travel may be required.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, salary requirements and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your most significant project management engagement. We’re looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
Please reference the “UX Project Manager” in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest.
About Anthro-Tech, Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful and make a positive impact on peoples’ everyday lives. We are leaders in digital strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing and UX training services. Much of our work focuses on web sites, intranets, web and mobile applications, service design, and customer experience strategy.
Over the past 20 years we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state and federal government organizations, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Sound Transit, Amazon, and HBO.
Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact