User Experience (UX) Designer
Location: Seattle/Olympia, WA
About this position
Anthro-Tech is seeking a skilled UX Designer to join our smart and inspired team. We are looking for someone passionate about delivering thoughtful design solutions informed by user research. You’ll be consulting with business, communications, development and design teams to create highly useful and usable websites, web & mobile applications, kiosks and other products.
As a user experience designer, you will be expected to deliver excellent design work with a high level of attention to several clients. This means cultivating lasting relationships and demonstrating care in holding us to high standards.
This is a consulting role working with a variety of clients in public, nonprofit, and corporate organizations. We’re looking for someone who wants to lead the end to end process of guiding a client team through a project, whether it is a full website re-design, developing design principles for bus stops, or generating research-driven customer personas to guide ongoing user-centered design.
Some of the things you would’ve done last week if you were working here:
- Worked collaboratively with a client team and other Anthro-Tech consultants to create a customer journey map
- Sketched a variety of design concepts to share and iterate with other team members
- Developed an interactive wireframe prototype for usability testing
- Led a collaborative design session to work out a complex interaction flow
- Helped conduct field research for a usability evaluation of a mobile application under development
- Taken part in presenting findings from a usability study to a group of executive stakeholders
- Provided feedback to a colleague on how to improve the aesthetics of their presentation for another client
- Held a meeting with our internal team to keep everyone on track, collaborating, and moving towards our project deliverables
Other things you might do:
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary team including UX researchers, developers, visual designers, business analysts and project managers
- Design customer journey maps, infographics, personas, user task flows and design concepts
- Develop low and high-fidelity concepts and prototypes for user testing
- Iterate designs based upon feedback from users, client or project team
- Lead sketching and brainstorming sessions
- Translate ideas from the team and client into a design concept
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in design, design research and design standards
- Present concepts to clients, walking them through rationale of design decisions
- Develop marketing collateral for Anthro-Tech to share with prospective clients
What you bring to the position:
- A strong portfolio of your design work including, sketching, wireframes, prototypes, and work across multiple domains, platforms/devices.
- A proven track record of 4+ years professional experience as a design practitioner
- Experience with software tools such as: Adobe Creative suite, Balsamiq, Axure, Figma (or similar), and MS Office products
- Team collaboration skills and the references to back them up
- Education in human-centered design, graphic design, interaction design, communication design or related field OR compelling work experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills – write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication settings
- Possess a strong understanding of user-centered design principles, design systems, and visual design
- Basic knowledge of technology capabilities/constraints. HTML and CSS (desired)
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for making an impact by working with our clients and continually learning and growing your expertise
Scheduling & travel
Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week to work on-site with clients, primarily in Olympia and Seattle. During other days you’ll be working with Anthro-Tech staff at our offices and virtually with client teams. Applicants for this position can choose to be based in Seattle or in Olympia, Washington.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating interest, background, and salary requirements.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your most significant design accomplishment(s).
- Link to portfolio website
Please reference the “UX Designer Position” in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Anthro-Tech.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We are leaders in digital strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing and UX training services. Much of our work focuses on web sites, mobile applications, service design, and customer experience strategy. Anthro-Tech's offices are located in Seattle and Olympia, Washington where we also operate our usability labs, training center, and client collaboration spaces.
Over the past 20 years we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state and federal government organizations, global foundations, and fortune 500 clients. Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact