User Experience Researcher
Anthro-Tech is looking for a User Experience Researcher to work with our smart and inspired team. The ideal candidate is well versed in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and understands how to apply research to inform design and strategy decisions across a broad spectrum of client projects.
As a User Experience Researcher at Anthro-Tech, you’ll participate in a variety of activities:
- Collaborate with project contributors, stakeholders, and interdisciplinary teams to define research objectives in both digital and non-digital spaces
- Develop research plans and strategies, proposing both behavioral and attitudinal methods to best align with research objectives
- Conduct user interviews, surveys, card sort studies, focus groups, journal studies, field studies and other types of research
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data. Synthesize research results and develop report of findings and recommendations
- Turn research findings into action-oriented design recommendations
- Communicate research findings in a clear and compelling way
- Empathetic: You want to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Problem solver: You tackle problems head on.
- Excellent listener: You listen to gain a deeper understanding.
- Collaborator: You excel at contributing within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Socially engaged: You believe your UX skills can make the world a better place.
- Curious: You ask why and tinker with experiments that help find the answer.
- Humble: Even with everything you know, you accept that there is still a lot to learn.
- Master’s degree in Human Centered Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience planning and conducting user research
- Experience in a wide variety of research methods (e.g. lab studies, benchmarking, card sorting, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, surveys)
- Fluent with usability practices and theory
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis such as advanced statistical analysis (e.g. factor analysis, cluster analysis, confidence intervals, etc.)
- Familiarity with tools such as SPSS, Survey Gizmo, Google Analytics, Excel, Morae, etc.
Anthro-Tech offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including health, vision, dental and long-term disability insurances, 401K with profit sharing, training budget, and wellness benefits. You’ll work in a small office environment with a talented and dedicated group of individuals that share a passion for human-centered design for social impact.
Scheduling & travel
We are open to local candidates only. Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week. During these days you’ll work on-site with our team and clients. Candidates must be able to spend sufficient time in both our Seattle and Olympia office. Occasional national travel may be required.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, career objectives, salary range, and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech
- Your résumé
- A short write-up of your most significant research contribution
Reference the “User Experience Researcher” in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
No agencies, please.
Thank you for your interest!
About Anthro-Tech, Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful and make a positive impact on peoples’ everyday lives. We are leaders in digital strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing and UX training services. Much of our work focuses on web sites, intranets, web and mobile applications, service design, and customer experience strategy.
Over the past 20 years we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state and federal government organizations, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Sound Transit, Amazon, and HBO.
Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact