User Experience Designer
About this position
Anthro-Tech is seeking a skilled UX Designer to join our smart and inspired team. We are looking for someone passionate about delivering thoughtful design solutions informed by user research. You’ll be consulting with business, communications, development, and design teams to create highly useful and usable websites, web and mobile applications, kiosks, and other products.
As a user experience designer, you will be expected to deliver excellent design work with a high level of attention to several clients. This means cultivating lasting relationships and demonstrating care in holding us to high standards.
Some things you would’ve done last week if you were working with us
- Worked collaboratively with a client team and other Anthro-Tech consultants to create a customer journey map
- Sketched a variety of design concepts to share and iterate with other team members
- Developed an interactive prototype in Axure for usability testing
- Led a collaborative design session to work out a complex interaction flow
- Helped conduct field research for a usability evaluation of a mobile application under development
- Taken part in presenting findings from a usability study to a group of executive stakeholders
- Provided feedback to a colleague on how to improve the aesthetics of their presentation for another client
Other things you might do
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary team including user researchers, developers, visual designers, business analysts and project managers
- Design customer journey maps, infographics, personas, user task flows, and design concepts
- Develop low- and high-fidelity concepts and prototypes for user testing
- Iterate designs based upon feedback from users, client or project team
- Lead sketching and brainstorming sessions
- Translate ideas from the team and client into a design concept
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in design, design research and design standards
- Present concepts to clients, walking them through rationale of design decisions
What you bring to the position
- A strong portfolio of your design work including, sketching, wireframes, prototypes, and work across multiple domains, platforms/devices.
- A proven track record of 5+ years professional experience as a design practitioner
- Experience with software tools such as: Adobe Creative suite, Balsamiq, Axure (or similar), MS Office products
- Team collaboration skills and the references to back them up
- Education in graphic design, interaction design, communication design or related field OR compelling work experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills – write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication settings
- Possess a strong understanding of user-centered design principles, design systems, and visual design
- Basic knowledge of technology capabilities/constraints. HTML and CSS (desired)
Scheduling & travel
Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week to work on-site with clients, primarily in Olympia and Seattle. During other days you’ll be working with Anthro-Tech staff at our offices and virtually with client teams.
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter stating interest, background, and salary requirements.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your most significant design accomplishment(s).
- Link to portfolio website
Please reference the “UX Designer Position” in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Anthro-Tech.
About Anthro-Tech, Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful and make a positive impact on peoples’ everyday lives. We are leaders in digital strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing and UX training services. Much of our work focuses on web sites, intranets, web and mobile applications, service design, and customer experience strategy.
Over the past 20 years we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state and federal government organizations, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Sound Transit, Amazon, and HBO.
Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact