Senior User Experience Researcher
Anthro-Tech is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to lead user-centered design projects and mentor our team of designers, researchers, and content strategists. We need a seasoned professional who can provide expert client engagement and consulting services. You’ll be working with government organizations with diverse audiences, non-profits with inspiring missions, and technology pioneers
Some of the things you might have done last week if you were working with us:
- Met with a client executive steering committee to tell the story of a recent user research project, to compel them to action and improve the user experience of their products and services
- Collaborated with colleagues to develop a comprehensive user-centered design strategy, outlining UX methods and activities to achieve a set of project goals
- Led development of research plans and strategies, proposing both behavioral and attitudinal methods to align with research objectives
- Collaborated with our UX designers in ideation and design sessions to ensure research findings drive UX decisions
- Conducted user interviews, surveys, card sort studies, focus groups, usability studies, field studies and other types of research
- Analyzed qualitative and quantitative data to develop report of findings and recommendations
- Provided expert feedback on user research plans, personas, prototypes or information architectures Coached developers, business analysts, architects and product owners on how to best integrate UX and accessibility into their agile software development cycle
Qualifications and attitude
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone with extensive experience leading collaborative teams through all phases of the user-centered design process, including user research, personas, information architecture, UX design and iteration. Deep expertise in UX Research (both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies) and an understanding of how to apply research to inform design and strategy decisions are key characteristics for the person in this role.
To fit in, a person has to be driven to add value, and comfortable with technology, uncertainty, and a collaborative entrepreneurial environment. You should consider yourself a professional and love solving problems and getting things done. You need to enjoy rolling up your sleeves and helping client organizations tackle challenging large-scale projects efficiently, leaving them with the skills they need to maintain the improvements you achieve together. You also need to enjoy helping your co-workers grow as consultants through mentorship and collaboration.
- 7+ years leading UCD or UX research projects
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and coaching other researchers and designers
- Ability to synthesize multiple points of view against goals for recommendations
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and organize effectively
- Up to date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technology
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Strong communication, project management, and delegation skills
Scheduling & travel
This is a full-time position. Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week. You’ll regularly work on-site with clients, primarily in Seattle and Olympia. Physical presence in the office is required (occasional off-site work is negotiable). Occasional national travel may be required
Anthro-Tech offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits, including health, vision, dental and long-term disability insurances, 401(K) with profit sharing, training budget, and wellness benefits. You’ll work in a small office environment with a talented and dedicated group of individuals that share a passion for human-centered design for social impact
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, salary range, and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech
- Your résumé
- A short write-up describing your most significant user experience research engagement. We’re looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
Reference the “Senior UX Researcher” position in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
No agencies, please.
Thank you for your interest!
About Anthro-Tech, Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful and make a positive impact on peoples’ everyday lives.
Over the past 20 years we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state and federal government organizations, global foundations, and fortune 500 clients. Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact