Digital Accessibility Specialist
About this position
Anthro-Tech needs a Digital Accessibility Specialist to join our team and help ensure that all of our client’s digital products and services are accessible to everyone. Our clients will be seeking out your expertise to conduct accessibility audits and reviews of their websites and mobile applications, they will also be looking for training, support and guidance on how to implement accessible design and educate their organizations about accessibility. For our user-centered design (UCD) projects, you’ll work closely with user researchers, designers, and clients to ensure that content and design supports an inclusive user experience strategy. You’ll be improving huge client websites, digital products and improving organizational capacity for digital accessibility. You’ll be working with government organizations with diverse audiences, non-profits with inspiring missions, and technology pioneers.
Some of the things you would’ve done last week if you were working with us:
- Conducted an automated accessibility audit of a website with tools or a manual review of a mobile app’s accessibility across multiple devices and platforms
- Developed detailed audit reports, including prioritized findings and recommendations for fixing issues
- Presented accessibility findings to executives, designers, developers, and other stakeholders
- Taught a workshop on accessibility for government agency employees
- Applied accessibility best practices to our design work in progress
- Developed an improvement strategy and roadmap for accessibility on a large information-rich website
- Consulted on accessibility remediation
- Taught or mentored others how to conduct manual and automated evaluations
Here are some other things you might do:
- Support our researchers conducting user research or a usability study with key user groups, including people with a variety of disabilities, to determine how easy/difficult it is for all users to find and interact with the information they need
- Collaborate with a natively blind contractor to gain additional insights into the user experience of a digital site or app
Qualifications and attitude
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone who has conducted automated and manual accessibility audits, developed remediation plans and roadmaps. Someone who knows WCAG through and through, and has helped others through the process of making accessibility improvements will shine. We have a smart and inspired team of researchers and designers who care deeply about our clients, our work, and our company. To fit in, a person has to be driven to add value, and comfortable with technology, uncertainty, and a collaborative entrepreneurial environment. You should consider yourself a professional and love solving problems and getting things done. This is a consulting position, so you need to enjoy rolling up your sleeves and helping multiple client organizations tackle challenging large-scale projects efficiently, leaving them with the skills they need to maintain the improvements we achieve together. You’ll love the diversity of projects and clients.
- Experienced in conducting WCAG 2.0 AA and Section 508 automated and manual evaluations for websites and web or mobile applications
- Strong familiarity with WCAG 2.0 AA and Section 508, familiarity with 2.1 and emerging accessibility best practices
- Certification in CPACC (certified professional in accessibility core competencies) or equivalent
- Experience conducting usability tests with people who use assistive technologies
- Experience teaching, coaching or mentoring others on accessibility
- Experience working as a consultant and managing accessibility projects
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, salary requirements, and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your most significant contributions to making an impact on the accessibility of a product or service. We’re looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
Please reference the “Digital Accessibility Specialist position” in your correspondence and direct inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful, and make a positive impact on people's everyday lives.
Over the past 20 years, we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state, and federal government organizations, global foundations, and fortune 500 clients. Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact