Full Charge Bookkeeper
About this position
Anthro-Tech is looking for a full charge bookkeeper to take on the accounting and financial practices of our consulting firm. You’ll be in charge of day-to-day bookkeeping and improving our processes for invoicing, client reporting, Accounts Payable, payroll, bank reconciliations, petty cash management, project-based accounting, and regular management reporting. You’ll work closely with the Owners, our Office Administrator, and outside CPAs.
Some information about our current state:
- We are a growing 25-person firm with $3MM+ in annual revenues.
- We run QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2020 and various web applications to manage projects and time
- We run a biweekly payroll
- We provide medical, dental, vision, LTD insurance, 401K, PTO, education benefits
- We help government clients at federal, state, and local levels and internationally, as well as non-profits, regional tech giants, and fortune 500 clients
- We have employees in four states and offices in Olympia & Seattle, WA
Here are some examples of the things we want you to help us accomplish:
- Establish excellent reporting & billing practices to consistently deliver timely info
- Free up Owner time
- Improve our project-based accounting
- Develop our budgeting capabilities
- Assist in implementing a quarterly bonus program
- Establish processes in line with best practices
- Prepare us for federal accounting standards to expand our work in the federal government arena (ie. GSA Schedule)
- Grow the value of the firm and build capacity
- Transition from cash to accrual accounting
Qualifications and attitude
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone who has kept the books for a firm of 20+ people before. Someone who can quickly establish confidence, trust, and rapport with Owners would be ideal. We have a smart and inspired team of researchers, designers, and other specialties who care deeply about our clients, our work, and our company. Being a good steward of client and company resources is critical. Supporting our Project Leads, Owners, and clients with reporting information is important. To fit in a person really has to be driven to add value, and comfortable with technology, uncertainty, and a hard-charging entrepreneurial environment. You should consider yourself a professional and love solving problems and getting things done. You must be a detail-oriented, double-checking, error-hating accounting person with a mind for service business.
Scheduling & travel
- This is a flexible part-time to full-time position. You’ll be working with Anthro-Tech staff at our office in Olympia and with team members virtually.
- Note: you must live in the area to apply.
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Strong QuickBooks proficiency
- MS Office: Excel/Word/Outlook skills
- Small business experience
- Flexible, collaborative, and service-oriented attitude
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, salary requirements, and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your experience keeping the books for an office of 20+ people. We’re looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
Please reference the “Full Charge Bookkeeper Position” in your correspondence and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful, and make a positive impact on people's everyday lives.
Over the past 20 years, we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state, and federal government organizations, global foundations, and fortune 500 clients. Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact