Content Strategy Consultant
Anthro-Tech is hiring a content strategy consultant to advise and coach clients and lead content and information architecture planning, development, and implementation.
In this role, you’ll work with an interdisciplinary team of designers, researchers, accessibility experts, and change management consultants. You’ll collaborate on purposeful user-centered design solutions—from improving content usefulness, usability, accessibility, and findability, to designing entire digital experiences from the ground up. And you’ll help clients to sustain the work we do for them through content governance and measurement planning, and workshops and training. Are you getting excited?
What We Care About
Anthro-Tech wants to inspire government, non-profit, and social impact organizations to embrace a user-centered approach to make positive change for business and people. We do this by solving business problems and users’ needs and preparing clients to sustain this work through hands-on training and mentorship. We think big and long-term and include diverse stakeholders and end-users in the process to ensure results are actionable and sustainable. We’d like your help to make this happen.
What You Care About
- Solving problems that matter
- Making positive and lasting change
- Diverse stakeholders and inclusive digital experiences
- Always learning
- Working with passionate and motivated people
- Helping clients and colleagues do good work and keep it going
1. Lead and support projects from a content and information architecture (IA) perspective
- Identify opportunities for content based on content strategy activities—such as content audits, comparative analysis, content templates, and user research and content testing—and make actionable recommendations
- Define content goals, priorities, and success metrics based on stakeholder, user, and content research
- Structure and organize content for usability and findability, including designing information architectures, content models, and taxonomies
- Prepare clients to sustain the work we do for them through education and guidance on content governance and measurement—including roles and responsibilities and content workflow—as well as developing content guides and tools to support content governance
2. Coach clients and lead workshops
- Educate clients on content strategy activities and their role in the process
- Lead workshops to train clients on writing for the web, plain language, accessibility, and more
- Lead collaborative content work sessions and workshops to inform a content strategy and related content guides and tools
- Communicate clearly by simplifying complex concepts, using plain talk, and providing appropriate examples and educational tools for your audience
- Give and receive feedback gracefully
3. Create high-quality content and user-centered experiences
- Be familiar with popular content management systems (such as Drupal, WordPress, and SharePoint) and related content requirements
- Develop content requirements for designers and developers in formats that are easy for them to understand and use
- Plan for and create usable and accessible content and information architectures
- User research to inform your work, including collaborating with researchers on research planning activities
- Gather and act on continuous feedback from stakeholders, users, and peers throughout projects to iterate ad improve on your work
- Be a fierce advocate for clear, useful, usable, and sustainable content throughout the user-centered design process
Qualifications & Attitude
- You have 4 + years of experience leading content workstreams, coaching clients, and facilitating workshops and training.
- You’re experienced with content planning, writing, editing, and publishing digital content
- You have developed content strategies and information architectures
- You know how to collaborate with stakeholders and work on interdisciplinary teams to accomplish shared goals
- You’re ready to help scope a new project, respond to an RFP, help build our content strategy practice, and write thought leadership content
- You enjoy listening to the latest Anthro-Tech crowd-sourced Spotify playlist and hearing the occasional dog and cat stories from your coworkers (or, at least be willing to humor them)
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter stating your background, salary requirements, and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your most significant content strategy and content design engagement. We’re looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
Please reference the “Content Strategy Consultant Position” in your correspondence and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful, and make a positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are leaders in digital strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing, and UX training services. Much of our work focuses on websites, intranets, web and mobile applications, service design, and customer experience strategy.
Over the past 20 years, we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state, and federal government organizations, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Sound Transit, Amazon, and HBO. Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact