Director of Business Development
Location: Seattle/Olympia, WA
About this position
Anthro-Tech is seeking a business development professional to help us reach new customers and cultivate existing relationships. Are you someone with a passion for digital strategy, user-centered design, and UX research? Do you have a proven track-record developing UCD strategies, proposals, and managing the procurement process? Do you thrive on problem-solving and winning interesting projects?
You can build on our success in user-experience consulting, research and design for government, non-profits, and organizations with a social impact mission. Tap our seasoned practitioners to pursue opportunities and craft solutions that affect many people.
What you'll do
- Lead proposal development efforts. Coordinate with researchers, designers, consultants, and others to draft technical proposals and compelling plans.
- Generate new leads, acquire new customers and develop plans to collaborate with them
- Set and achieve revenue goals through sales and marketing efforts.
- Respond to formal RFPs and sell our services and solutions with a consultative approach.
- Work to develop relationships with strategic partners on appropriate teaming opportunities.
- Maintain sales, lead, and pipeline statistics and communicate to leadership team.
- Plan marketing and public relations efforts.
- Help us find the ideal clients that are a match for our smart and inspired team.
What you bring to the position
- Success selling consulting services and a track record of winning proposals and new accounts.
- A strong understanding of the user-centered design process and research methodologies.
- Fantastic follow-up and follow through, attention to details, and an ability to track multiple relationships, engagements, and initiatives.
- A love for making others successful, and excitement to solve a diversity of complex problems/opportunities across many domains.
- A knack for understanding customers. You know what to ask, and when to listen. You also have excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Experience working with researchers, designers, engineers, developers, government agencies, technology companies, program managers, procurement coordinators.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter stating your background, salary requirements and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your most significant business development accomplishments. We’re looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
Please reference the “Business Development Position” in your correspondence and direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.
About Anthro-Tech, Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We help organizations gain a deep understanding of their customers through research to design products and services that are usable, useful, and make a positive impact on people's everyday lives.
Over the past 20 years, we’ve partnered with many organizations to transform how they engage their customers, including dozens of county, state, and federal government organizations, global foundations, and fortune 500 clients. Anthro-Tech was founded in 1997. We are a women-owned business with offices and user experience labs in Olympia and Seattle.
We’re driven by our purpose - to build a great business that makes things better for people.
- Help others succeed
- Set the bar high
- Be optimistic AND face the brutal facts
- Continually learn and grow expertise
- Passionate about making an impact