This is an opportunity for learners who can’t usually attend in person to gain new skills or refresh old ones.
You will learn to:
- Consider what site visitors want and how they use the web
- Identify your visitors’ questions and tell them what they need to know concisely
- Organize content and break up text into topics with meaningful headings
- Tune up links and sentences
- Use lists, tables, and graphics
In this is fully participatory online, synchronous class you will:
- Engage in discussion through group participation and brainstorming activities
- Take part in group and individual exercises with group sharing
- Receive slides and exercises before class to prepare for printing or online review during the session
- Be seen on camera by the instructor and other participants
Who can attend?
Washington State Employees from:
- State agencies
- City agencies
- County agencies
- Tribal entities
- Other public entities
- Washington State 501(c)3 nonprofits
Oregon State Employees from:
- State agencies
How to register
WASHINGTON STATE PUBLIC SECTOR AGENCIES & HIGHER EDUCATION
If you aren’t part of the Washington State Learning Management System, use this online form to submit your training registration request. If you are unsure of your organization’s status, contact your training representative or call (360) 664-1921.
WASHINGTON STATE AGENCIES
Please contact your agency training representative to register. To find your agency training representative, call (360) 664-1921 or email DES.
Employees who are allowed to self-register for training may use the state Learning Management System.
WASHINGTON STATE NONPROFIT 501(C)(3), TRIBAL ENTITIES, AND OTHER TYPES OF ATTENDEES
Members of these organizations can register to attend through the training registration form.
Oregon State Agency Employees
Members of state, county, and city agencies can register to attend through the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services website on their training registration form. You must fill out all required fields (marked with an asterisk*) and click the Submit Form button. Once submitted, please allow up to 3 business days for processing. You will either: receive an email directly from the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services explaining that you’ve been successfully enrolled and containing additional information; or, if the class has reached its capacity, you may be directed to alternate dates the class is offered.
Contact Anthro-Tech at (360) 584-9151 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the course.
Not a part of one of these groups?
We offer customized Writing for the Web Workshops. Please email us for details about this customized training option.