Location: Olympia, Washington
Anthro-Tech is looking for a UX Researcher to work with our smart and inspired team. The ideal candidate is well versed in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, and understands how to apply research to inform design and strategy decisions across a broad spectrum of client projects.
As a UX Researcher at Anthro-Tech, you'll participate in a variety of activities:
- Collaborate with project contributors, stakeholders, and interdisciplinary teams to define research projects that help inform design requirements
- Provide both qualitative and quantitative data analysis expertise
- Design and conduct surveys and usability tests
- Participate in field research
- Turn research findings into action-oriented design recommendations
- Empathetic: You want to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Problem solver: You tackle problems head on.
- Excellent listener: You listen to gain a deeper understanding.
- Collaborator: You excel at contributing within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Socially engaged: You believe your UX skills can make the world a better place.
- Curious: You ask why and tinker with experiments that help find the answer.
- Humble: Even with everything you know, you accept that there is still a lot to learn.
- Master's degree in Human Centered Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience planning and conducting user research
- Experience in a wide variety of research methods (e.g. lab studies, benchmarking, card sorting, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, surveys)
- Fluent with usability practices and theory
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data analysis such as advanced statistical analysis (e.g. factor analysis, cluster analysis, confidence intervals, etc.)
- Familiarity with tools such as SPSS, Survey Gizmo, Google Analytics, Excel, Morae, etc.
Scheduling & travel
This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Olympia, Washington. Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week. During these days you’ll work on-site with clients, primarily in Seattle and Olympia. Occasional national travel may be required.
About Anthro-Tech, Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We provide user-centered design strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing and UX training services to organizations. Much of our work focuses on web sites, mobile applications, service design, way finding, and customer experience strategy. Anthro-Tech's offices are located in Seattle and Olympia, Washington where we operate our usability labs, training, and collaborate with clients.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, career objectives, salary range, and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech
- Your resume
- A short write-up of your most significant research contribution
Reference the “UX Researcher" in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
No agencies, please.
Thank you for your interest!