Location: Seattle/Olympia, WA
About this position
Anthro-Tech needs a content strategist to lead content improvement projects, develop & deliver training workshops, and help tell the story of our company. For our user-centered design (UCD) projects, you’ll work closely with user researchers and designers to ensure that content and information architecture supports user experience strategy. You’ll be improving huge client websites and digital products. You’ll be working with government organizations with diverse audiences, non-profits with inspiring missions, and technology pioneers. You’ll also turn your focus internally to drive company content creation efforts to spread the word about the impact and quality of our work.
Some of the things you would’ve done last week if you were working with us:
- Provided guidance for a content audit. Worked with subject matter experts to determine which content could be deleted, revised or migrated as is.
- Held office hours to guide multiple content contributors within a client agency
- Developed an improvement strategy for content on large information-rich website
- Conducted an information architecture study with key user groups to determine how easy / difficult it is for users to find the information they need.
- Taught a workshop for 25 participants in web writing
- Worked with Anthro-Tech collaborators on a featured article for our website
- Drafted and revised social content for Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Managed our editorial calendar for Anthro-Tech content
- Lead governance documentation efforts for a client agency in accordance with its marketing and branding strategy, business goals and user needs
Here are some other things you might do:
- Plan improvement for a huge website with outdated, disjointed, duplicative content
- Coach and mentor content contributors to prioritize and plan
- Leverage customer research, personas, journey maps and site data (Google, Click and Search analytics) to develop content strategies that target user needs and support business goals
- Set up Gather Content to manage large content improvement projects with lots of content contributors
- Conduct card sorting studies to inform user-centered information architectures
- Draft and iterate a video script for a case study video
- Collaborate with User Researchers and UX Designers to usability test a product
- Facilitate a workshop to map out current content writing workflow roles and responsibilities; identify gaps, opportunities and risks
- Create and edit content
Qualifications and attitude
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone who has led content strategy and improvement initiatives, published in an enterprise content management system, and helped others through the process. We have a smart and inspired team of researchers and designers who care deeply about our clients, our work and our company. To fit in, a person has to be driven to add value, and comfortable with technology, uncertainty and a hard-charging entrepreneurial environment. You should consider yourself a professional and love solving problems and getting things done. This is a consulting position, so you need to enjoy rolling up your sleeves and helping client organizations tackle challenging large-scale projects.
Scheduling & travel
This is a full-time position. Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week. You’ll regularly work on-site with clients, primarily in Seattle and Olympia. Occasional national travel may be required.
About Anthro-Tech, Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies, nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We are leaders in digital strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing and UX training services. Much of our work focuses on web sites, mobile applications, service design, and customer experience strategy. Anthro-Tech's offices are located in Seattle and Olympia, Washington where we also operate our usability labs, training center, and client collaboration spaces.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, salary requirements and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- Resume and a short write-up describing your most significant content strategy engagement. We’re looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
Please reference the “Content Strategist Position” in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest.